[squid-users] How to check if no caching is performed

From: Eliyah Lovkoff <elovkoff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:45:14 -0500

I try to disable caching on squid 2.4
I added the following entries in 'no_cache" in squid.conf
acl all src 10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0
no_cache deny all

I want to check if there is really no caching taking place.I do it the following way:
I start squid with 'squid -NCd1' and look for the lines like '100 entries scanned' and '100 objects loaded'.Then I browse internet and visit 50 sites.Then I stop squid and start it again with -NCd1 switch. I see the same lines '100 entries scanned' and '100 objects loaded'.At this point I come to the conclusion that if number of object didn't change then there wa sno cahing.
Is that a correct conclusion?