Re: [squid-users] urlParse: Illegal character

From: Yomler <yomler.squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:21:39 +0200

At 08:25 09/07/01 , Rash Dar wrote:
>I found a hundred of these messages at my cache log
>file:-
>2001/07/07 11:50:18| urlParse: Illegal character in
>hostname 'proxy.mydomain.com:8080proxy.mydomain.com'

A combination of a bad configuration of Internet Explorer and any
application which use the cydoor dlls will produce the entry in the log.
See cydoor.com for a complete list.

The bad configuration of IE is the use of a active configuration script
(proxy.pac) and an active or inactive, but filled proxy settings. IE will
only use the proxy.pac. Cydoor aps will use both and will generate the errors.

Disabling the old proxy settings in IE is not enought, you should delete
them completely and only use the proxy.pac for example.

--
Yomler.