RE: [squid-users] Instant Messaging on Exchange 2000 with Squid

From: Andy Stranks <andy.stranks@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:36:09 +0100

Olivier,

IM clients tell the server the local workstations IP address when they
connect, the server then uses this to send any messages for the user. It is
therefore necessary for the user to have an Internet routable address,
something I guess they won't have if you are considering using Squid for the
connection.

If anyone has a fix for this please let me know as I'd like to do the same
thing.

Regards

Andy Stranks