RE: [squid-users] Using Squid as a URL rewrite service..

From: BAARDA, Don <don.baarda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:33:41 +0930

G'day,

Squid can't do this, as it (currently) has no functionality that can modify
the contents of served objects. There are other proxies that might be able
to do this. Have a look at DeleGate, or perhaps Zorp.

Note that delegate has much more functionality than just http so might be
overkill and/or buggy. I have seen a fairly damning security report on it
(buffer overflows etc), but that was more than a year ago so it might have
been cleaned up since.

Zorp seems to be much cleaner, but probably doesn't have exactly what you
want. It is a general purpose modular proxy firewall, with modules for
various protocols. New modules, such as url-re-writting can be easily
scripted in python.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/delegate/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/zorp/

ABO