[squid-users] Problems with Chinese characters in URL

From: Swank, Mike <Mike.Swank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:48:25 -0500

Hi,

I've checked the archives and I've read the FAQ but I can't seem to find an
answer to this so I thought I would ask here. Please forgive me if this
information is somewhere else, I just could not find it.

I'm running Squid V2.3.STABLE4 on Linux (Redhat 6.2). When trying to go to
a URL that is specified by Chinese characters, the http server will reply
with a 400 bad request or a 404 file not found error.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Has anyone found a solution? Or
can anyone point me in the right direction to start looking? Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks for any suggestions!

Regards,

Mike Swank
Network Analyst
Knowles Electronics, LLC - Itasca