[squid-users] Re: Transparent Proxying with Linux and Squid

From: John C. Gale <John_Gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:06:15 -0400

> i am wondering whether it's possible to have transparent proxying without having to
> configure the client machines to use the squid server as the router to the internet... i
> would like to use transparent proxying, but still wanna have the default router as the
> Cisco router... is there a way the squid server can be configured to simply intercept
> HTTP requests ..

AKNIT

We do it in the router (Cisco 6509).

create a policy route map
create an ip access list
apply the route map to the vlan

Absolutely no user intervention required.

I'm looking into using wccp as that looks to be a good solution in case of
any failures.

- John

--
There's a whole WORLD in a mud puddle!