[squid-users] PDF file problem

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:28:50 -0400 (EDT)

We recently switched our Proxy Server from Netscape Proxy to Squid
2.4Stabe1 running on Solaris 8. We have a special .pac autoconfiguration
script for Internet Users that wish to access journals that are restricted
to our University IP range. When they come in from their ISP, certain
URL's will trigger a connection to our Proxy and an authentication box
appears. That part works fine.

However, one of these sites has a pdf file. Through the old proxy server,
clicking on it would display the file. Now however, the site reports that
they do not have access to that file. I assume the browser is attempting
to go direct to the site instead of through our Proxy. The end site
doesn't recognise the IP address and denies access. Any idea how I might
remedy this? Would this be a mime type problem?

-Mike