[squid-users] Transparent proxy trouble

From: Alexey A. Britchko <raven@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:53:59 +0600

Hi there

OS FreeBSD 4.2, cisco 3661.

So, I decided to make my Squid transparent.
Steps:
1. configure squid with --enable-ipf-transparent. compile
it. install it.
2. configure squid as cache server, make all changes to made
it transparent proxy.
3. Make my CISCO to redirect all request targeted at 80 port
to the server's IP.
(By cisco log: I see you & here I am...) - squid and cisco
see each other.
4. Make firewall (ipfw) to redirect any packet targeted 80
port to the squid's port 3128.

And nothing happens.

cisco sends packets (I can see it by the counter) to the
proxy server.

the browser returns that 'host not found'.
squid writes nothing to the access log.

I've read tons of FAQs about trans.proxy, tried to make it
work as where described there. No results.

thanx

WBR / Alexey