Re: [squid-users] REQUEST: Turn "reply_body_max_size" into ACL - Please!!

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:09:08 +1000

The problem with doing this in a "simple" way is that the ACL must be tested
on every network read()/write() (choose one) for the object - because not
all objects have a size. (ie dynamic objects, transfer encoded objects both
don't).

As an ACL, the generic http_reply acl handling code will handle the test -
but calling that code for every network transfer will incur a large
overhead. So this means we need two sorts of acls for replies - ones that
are checked once, and ones checked continually. OR we need to ignore
transfer encoded and dynamic objects with the ACL - which means it's
coverage will be less than coplete.

Also: What about partial object transfers - how should they be handled?

Rob