[squid-users] Can squid cache everything (CGI too?)

From: <jason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:51:20 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings all,
I have been struggling for a week or so trying to get squid to
cache everything (specifically cgi GETs to return XML).

The idea is to reduce the load on a read-only search database by
caching frequently used queries, so for example

server.foo.org/fcgi-bin/SomeExecutable.fcg?qry=beer&someOtherArgs

would return an XML stream that I want cached...but the paramaters I am
tweaking are not proving fruitful. Any suggestions on what I could be
missing?

All other settings (for the most part) are default.

hierarchy_stoplist fcgi-bin # to force this cache to store reqs

#acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin ?
#no_cache deny QUERY # these are indeed commented out

minimum_object_size 0 KB #store even the smallest objects

refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080 override-expire ignore-reload
override-lastmod

refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440 override-expire ignore-reload
override-lastmod

refresh_pattern ^http: 2440 50% 10080 override-expire ignore-reload
override-lastmod

refresh_pattern . 2440 50% 10080 override-expire ignore-reload
override-lastmod # just being rude by violating the HTTP standard.

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl Safe_ports port 80 # this should allow everything, right?
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access allow manager all
http_access allow all
icp_access allow all

and just about everything else is default. Again, all I want is to cache
the XML streams...no pics, banners, etc. Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

jas