Re: [squid-users] Can squid cache everything (CGI too?)

From: <jason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:30:58 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings Brian,

> Squid needs to know how often to check back for changes before it will
> cache the request. That means your CGI needs to return a Last-Modified or
> Expires header.

Can't this be overriden by squid? Does it explicitly need this header
info? Ideally, I'd like squid to manage when this cached object will
become invalid (let's say for arguments sake we use 2 days...can't squid
maintain that?).

Thanks for the response...I'll work with the developer to see what can be
done about these headers.

jas