[squid-users] Address translate problem

From: e <lij@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:47:52 +1000 (EST)

Hi

I have address translate problem with squid.
We use Check Point to do address translate. Each host's IP address will be
translated from address A(inside fire wall) to address B(outside fire
wall) after through Check Point fire wall.

We have a subscribtion of an online journal on mic.sgmjournals.org web
site. They use IP address as access control. We registe our address B
which is outside fire wall address for this purpose.

Now I have problem with squid. It seems does not pass the right IP address
to the destination web server. Our user prompt for login and password when
they try to access this web site which they should not been asked.

I have a netscape proxy server running on the same host where my squid is.
and I do not have problem with it.

any idear?

Jihong LI
Systems Administrator