Re: [squid-users] Cannot get squid to use http 1.1 ?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:14:13 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Roel van Meer wrote:

> I'm using squid-2.4STABLE1 as a transparent proxy on an intel RedHat
> 6.2 machine. For some reason it does all requests with HTTP/1.0,
> even if the original request is HTTP/1.1.

The reason is that Squid is not an HTTP/1.1 compliant agent.

> What i would like is that
> all requests made by squid are done with HTTP/1.1.
>
> Could anyone tell me
> a) whether this is possible or not
> b) how to do this or where to find docs

It is possible by writing new code that will make Squid HTTP/1.1
compliant. Simply setting the Squid request version to HTTP/1.1 is
likely to break things because Squid will not be able to handle some
HTTP/1.1 responses.

For details on what needs to be implemented, please see
        http://squid.sourceforge.net/squidhttp1.1.htm

Alex.