RE: [squid-users] Hard Drive configuration

From: Rose, Jethro <Jethro.Rose@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:46:17 +0800

AFAIK performance difference will be negligable either way,
however if you put your cache on it's own partition, there is no
way that it can fill up your root partition (via possible mis-configuration)

and prevent your machine from being able to log...

Ideally, you want the cache on a different physical disk(s).

Regards

Jethro Rose
System Administrator
Emerge Technologies Pty. Ltd.