[squid-users] LDAP schema query

From: <laurence@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:48:12 +0100

Hi All,

I've got an LDAP directory which contains a few thousand entries. The
problem is that it was converted from a different database, and it hasn't
quite got the layout right....
Basically, there are no organisation/organisational unit entries, and all
of the names are in the 'root' of the directory. The squid_ldap_auth module
requires that a basedn (o=blah,ou=blah) is specified, and due to the above
oddity, i cant authenticate any of the users! Is there a way to get round
this, or am i going to have to re-code the module?

In the source it said that the basedn is an added option, has anyone got a
copy of it without the basedn code? I think that might work.....

TIA

Laurence J Praties
Systems Administrator
Gazelle Informatics Ltd