Re: [squid-users] Host header and transparent proxying

From: David Robb <david.robb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:18:56 +1200 (NZST)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> How is this specified for you? I mean is all traffic from and to host that
> resolve to *.nz considered natinal traffic? What about unresolvable
> addresses? What about hosts residing national but given a different
> hostname?
> May be you can do something with ACLs on ASes.

We do all the traffic accounting from netflow packets exported from our
core router. Any prefixes learned from our domestic peers are exported to
the accounting server, which uses those as the list of "national" traffic,
and anything else is classified as "international". So there's no name
resolution involved.

David Robb

---
Senior Network Engineer		DDI +64-9-359-2710
ihug (AS7657)			NOC +64-9-359-2708
"The Earth is a single point of failure"