RE: [squid-users] disable user downloading or running exec files from web

From: Peņa, Botp <botp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:24:57 +0800

Thanks, Simon.

-botp

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Bryan [mailto:sbryan@olmc.nsw.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 7:58 PM
To: "Peņa, Botp"; squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] disable user downloading or running exec
files from web

If you are running NT or WIndows2000 then you can use policies to stop
them, I guess on a good Linux system it shouldn't matter as they should
only be able to mess themselves up. You can use acl's to block the
downloading of filetypes based on their extension. After all if you don't
want them to run them, why would you allow them to be downloaded in the
first place?

At 17:49 30/07/2001, Peņa, Botp wrote:
>Hi Team,
>
>Most of our browsers here are running under windows and I noticed that a
lot
>of users are running executable files straight from some web-based email
>programs (like yahoo/hotmail).
>
>Is it possible to disable running or downloading files of type exe, bat,
>pif, etc.? Maybe we can live w the downloading, but running it directly is
>totally not allowed.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>-botp

Simon Bryan