[squid-users] Problem with IE & FTP sites

From: Derek Denk <derekd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:49:28 -0600

All,

I found a few other messages sent to the mailing list about this problem in
the archives, but none of them contained a solution so.....

First of all I do have the I.E. folder view disabled on my browser.

The problem is: When trying to connect to an FTP site, say
ftp://ftp.microsft.com <ftp://ftp.microsft.com> , the browser will display
the root of the FTP site OK. Then if you click on any of the links to
subfolders, "bussys" on the Microsoft site, Internet Explorer will request
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/ <ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/> from
squid and once squid has returned the response I.E. acts as if a redirect
response was given and then requests ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/
<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/> from squid again. The browser will then
sit at this point and loop forever.

Browser is Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 on Win2k
Squid is Squid/2.4.STABLE1 on FreeBSD 4.3

Regards,

Derek Denk
Senior Systems Engineer
Velocitus