[squid-users] cache_peer user:pass for specific MAC addr (or IP)

From: Chris Kleinschmidt <christopherk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:45:40 +1000

Is it possible to specify different cache options for
different request sources (by MAC or possibly by IP address),
specifically a different user:password combination in the
"cache_peer hostname type http_port icp_port options" line
for requests from different machines?

We have a small number of servers which we want to allow
through the parent cache without having to provide manual
authentication... or am I looking in the wrong direction
for a solution?

--
christopherk@optusnet.com.au