[squid-users] LDAP and @ symbols

From: <laurence@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:41:54 +0100

Once again i'm having problems with LDAP! Here we go....

All of the users in the LDAP directory have their common name as their
e-mail address, apart from my test user, which is just a plain old name. I
can logon to the squid proxy using my test user, but i cant using one of
the e-mail names....

I'm thinking it's got something to do with the @ symbol in the name,
possibly a bug? If i set my uid to an e-mail address and do a search using
the ldapsearch utility supplied with openldap, i can retrieve my stats,
however if i change my cn to a mail address, i get nothing..... Similarly,
if i change squid_ldap_auth to search using uid, i can authenticate, but
when i cahnge it back to cn (using _exactly_ the same address!), i'm
denied!

I know what you're thinking, "Why not just authenticate with uid or mail?"
That's what i thought, but my boss says that's not an option....

Ideas anyone? I'm stumped....

TIA

Laurence J Praties
Systems Administrator