Re: [squid-users] usermane and password for auth module

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Aug 2001 23:46:26 +1000

On 03 Aug 2001 13:32:12 +0400, Priamikov Alexei wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a next question:
> - is it possible to crypt username and password from client's browser to Squid?

Yes. Use NTLM or rfc2617 Digest authentication (both are available in
squid 2.5).

> - Will come SSL authentification in Squid?

If by that you mean
browser<--ssl-->squid<--web server-->

No. AFAIK there is no standard behaviour for browsers to allow this.
Recent development versions of squid could be easily hacked up to
support this, but you'd need to get the browser to do it.

Rob