[squid-users] Transparent & ident

From: Leo Mrafko <leo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:48:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I can't solve this: I'd like to use squid for transparent proxying, but
also to log clients usernames from ident lookups. It doesn't work.
Transparent proxy works, ident lookups also, but not together. On the
client machine, when I set proxy, the log is fine, with username. But when
I don't set proxy server (and I don't want to set it for each machine -
therefor i want transparent proxy to work), squid doesn't log the
username.

Anyone has any clues, please ?

Thanks,

--