[squid-users] Newbie Understanding Help

From: Lance Peterson <dlancep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 00:57:15 -0500

Well, I have squid up and running....I'm pretty much stuck there. Got
some basic porn blocking acl's and bad word lists all working, etc.

I don't quite understand the difference between srcdomain & dstdomain
and when to use one or the other (srcdomain slows my system to a crawl).
 I need guru wisdom to help my puny mind here, the FAQ and squid manual
didn't do it for me.

AND I hate the idea of being tracked and having my surfing habits and
shopping details sent to an ad tracking agency like doubleclick. I was
hoping I could use Squid to stop the invasion of privacy. But how?

Yes, I have heard of Junkbuster... But can I do the same thing with
Squid? So, could Squid block all outgoing requests to doubleclick as
well as stop all incoming stuff from doubleclick and all refers to doubleclick?
 Or do I have to do the incoming blocking with my firewall?

Dangit! If I surf to hotsexywhatever.com, I don't want doubleclick to
know about it.

--
Lance Peterson
dlancep@onebox.com - email