Re: [squid-users] Squid getting too big?

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Aug 2001 12:52:25 -0700

On 06 Aug 2001 13:27:09 -0600, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Personally I want to know if the requests are getting "stuck",
> ie squid accepts new requests but doesn't actually service them.
> A lot of open but stuck connections could be stealing RAM.

I cannot tell you for sure, but i believe this doesn't happen with my
proxy. I got no tickets from the users on this problem, i didn't see it
in my browser, and the FTP mirrors that i maintain (they go through the
proxy) do not experience stuck connections.
But, like i said, i don't have a 100% proof.

> I can't really tell right now - it doesn't pop up when I'm using
> squid at home, and I don't admin any large caches.

If you need any kind of information regarding my proxy, just tell me.

> In general, squid's RAM usage needs to be fixed. :-)

:-)

--
Florin Andrei