Re: [squid-users] problem with urlpath_regex

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 02:57:25 -0500

We're seeing this on most of our clients machines (and we've implemented
regexes to block Code Red v1 and v2), however, the requests you're
seeing are from the second generation Code Red (called Code Red II--not
the same as v1 and v2). Code Red II, according to a post I read a
couple of days ago (maybe here) sends malformed requests which are never
serviced by Squid.

As far as I know, the NONE/411 tells you that Squid is not servicing
that request and so is stopping further propogation of Code Red II. I'm
no longer seeing any of the v1/v2 versions of Code Red show up in the
logs of our clients, and I think it has been replaced by Code Red II in
most machines.

I think you're probably hitting some other snag that is causing your
proxy to hang. I don't think Code Red can do it unless you have many
hosts on your network that are infected.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances