[squid-users] ntlm using linux browsers and ntlm using digest

From: Mads Rasmussen <mads@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:32:17 -0300

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is there a way for linux browsers to use
the ntlm authentication scheme?

I installed yesterdays head and it works great, just installs with no
troubles and when accessing from windows it's a bliss.

However since we have some linux desktop stations, I need to give them access
aswell, is there a way or do I have to enable another scheme as well?

I was thinking maybe of doing a browser check and then a acl that does ntlm
auth if using ie and msnt auth if not using ie, what about that?

Other question, I configured with ntlm, digest and basic, with respective
helpers ntlmps, password and msnt, now it creates in
/usr/local/squid/libexec/squid files = ntlm_auth, msnt and fakeauth_auth. I
decided to use the ntlm_auth in squid.conf as it was what I wanted but is it
using basic or digest authentication together with that? it doesn't create a
specific digest program.

In my squid.conf I have

auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid/ntlm_auth cit/roma
auth_param ntlm children 5
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

I was wondering what to change to make ntlm use the digest scheme.

Regards and thanks for a great job done, looks like it's heading for
stability,

Mads