Re: [squid-users] problem with code red

From: Luiz Lima <llima@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:27:46 -0300

> Where are the requets coming from? If it's from inside
> your network, fix the machine(s) that is/are sending them.
> If the requests are coming from outside, block them
> somewhere upstream, eg your ISP or your router.

Colin, I think you are under estimating the problem. The requests I receive
come from dial-up users with dynamic IPs (my ISP's users). Even if I could
fix everyone, how would I find them? I can't wait for each time Squid fails
to track the user and convince him to take some action, do you agree?

I'm still with transparent proxy off (and wasting a lot of on-demand
bandwidth, which costs a lot of money). I can't find a way out of this crap.

---
Luiz Lima
Image Link Internet
http://www.imagelink.com.br