RE: [squid-users] Squid getting too big?

From: BAARDA, Don <don.baarda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:43:48 +0930

G'day,

[...]
> On 6 Aug 2001, Florin Andrei wrote:
>
> > On 03 Aug 2001 08:56:05 -0400, Mike Diggins wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm concerned about how quickly Squid is growing in size.
[...]

Just wondering, and this is a wild stab in the dark, have any of you guys
played with the memory_pools option? The whole concept of an application
doing a better job of managing memory than the OS it runs on seems flawed to
me, so I turn memory_pools off.

I have a feeling that if cachemgr is not reporting the missing memory, then
turning memory_pools off will not help. However, if cachemgr is not
reporting memory reserved by memory_pools, and the memory_pool manager is
flawed and/or getting fragmented, it could explain the difference.

ABO