Re: [squid-users] code red is making horrible on our network

From: Luiz Lima <llima@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 20:28:49 -0300

> So, you have lots of machines from outside continually
> hitting your squid server. Correct?

You really don't get it, right? They are not users from the outside. In my
case, they are my dial-up customers. When their Code Red tries to get to
other server's port 80, my transparent proxy setup catches the requests and
bring Squid to its knees.

I can't block IPs because they are dinamic assigned dial-up accounts. I
can't just explain it to my customers because I only know which ones are
infected AFTER my Squid server is already down.

I really need a way to tell Squid to NOT proccess the requests before it
take resourses away from valid ones.

---
Luiz Lima
Image Link Internet