RE: [squid-users] acl concatenation

From: Aerik Clinton Watson <cwatson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:48:30 -0400

> is it possible to do such thing when there is:
> acl acl1 src <list of IP>
> acl acl2 src <another list of IP>
> to define acl3 equal to acl1+acl2?
> i'm asking as squid does not allow lines longer than 512 bytes

I just use a text file to hold the IPs and URLs, then point out the location
of the file, which gets around having to put all the info right into the
squid.conf if you use the url_regex statement.

Ex:

acl porn url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/blocked/porn.txt"

then

http_access deny porn

Hope that helps?

Aerik Clinton Watson
e-Security Systems Engineer : DOLFIN.COM

"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."