Re: [squid-users] A Logging question

From: Bill Delphenich <bdelph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:21:40 -0400

Joe,

OK, I hear what you're saying. I'm sure a lot of us find ourselves up to our
nostrils in these kinds of issues, even if we never went looking for this kind
of work in the first place.

The focus of my question was really more specific than that. I did a test this
morning by logging onto my personal Earthlink mail account via the browser from
work. I then composed a mail message and attached a file from one of the file
servers on the office LAN. I then sent it to myself at my work mail address. I
was surprised to find that Squid really didn't seem to be aware that any of
that had happened.

I'm not interested in reading other people's e-mail. I was just surprised that
I could attach a file to a message and send it and no one would know it ever
happened. I would like to have an entry in the log that such-and-such a file
was attached and sent with this message. I take it you feel knowing the
filename that was sent with the mail to be comparable to knowing the contents
of the mail message?

Thanks for your input.

Bill