Re: [squid-users] [OT] Where are the gurus?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:53:59 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 francisv@dagupan.com wrote:

> I've been posting here lately and so far I've only gotten 2-3
> Squid gurus? Is there a special list somewhere where they're
> actively participating?

You certainly have a great way of soliciting quality responses!

        1. Demanding more than 2-3 responses.

        2. Telling folks who cared to respond that they
           wasted their time since their responses were not helpful.

        3. Possibly annoying a guru if s/he happened to be
           one of those who actually responded.

        4. Insulting the rest of the subscribers since they have
           subscribed to the wrong list instead of the one where
           all the gurus are.

Even if all your grievances are justified, I would recommend choosing
a different tactic like reading FAQ/archives and clarifying your
questions if people seem to be unhelpful. Also keep in mind that,
sometimes, nobody is interested in your question or nobody knows the
answer. I bet most subscribers will not read this e-mail, for example.

To answer your specific question, squid-users is the list where all
Squid gurus are "participating", when they can, and when the question
deserves a guru answer.

Alex.