RE: [squid-users] SQUID and DNS problem (fwd)

From: Mehdi Melhaa <Mehdi.Melhaa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:56:23 +0200

Neil,

Thank you for your help, but it doesn't work any more.
I can't configure squid to resolve address with /etc/hosts.

I don't understand.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mehdi

Mehdi,

> Sorry to disturb you but I think you can't
> save me :)
>=20
> I have the same problem than Fabio.
> I would like to resolve address with /etc/hosts first and=20
> DNS after. I configure my /etc/nsswitch.conf
>=20
> This is the extract of nsswitch.conf :
>=20
> hosts: files nisplus nis dns
>=20
> I restart squid.
> But it doesn't work , squid resolve address with DNS first.
> I don't know why.=20
>=20
> My squid version is Squid/2.4.STABLE1 .
Shouldn't you run ./configure with --disable-internal-dns to enable the
old dnsserver processes ???

=09=09=09=09Neil.

--=20
Neil Hillard hillardn@whl.co.uk
Westland Helicopters Ltd. http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.