[squid-users] making 'server-side NTLM' work in transparent proxy mode

From: Shrikrishna Karandikar <karans123@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

 I am using squid-2.4 as a transparent proxy. The
origin server it fronts requires NTLM authentication.
So all I need from squid is to pass the headers to and
fro appropriately while maintaining the same
connection during the critical part of the NTLM 3-way
handshake.

But it does not work. The NTLM handshake is restarted
multiple times, probably because squid is opening new
connections.

I tried increasing the persistent connection related
timeouts and disabling pipelining. It did not help
much. Am I missing some other config parameter or is
it not possible for NTLM authentcation to work thru
squid?

appreciate your help,
shri

P.S: I am not trying to set up squid to perform NTLM
authentication itself. The NTLM authentication is
happening at the origin server. All I need squid to do
is to perform all transactions on the same connection
and pass all headers back and forth correctly.