Re: [squid-users] Can I route trough SQUID?

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:03:53 +0200

At 12:21 PM 8/8/01 +0200, Perica Veljanovski wrote:

[...]

>And here is the problem: One office, or one block of ip addresses
>if you please, needs to be proxy trough another (different) ip
>adress-gateway. To elaborate: 7 computers with ip's: 192.*.*.* need to
>go trough a different route (different ip address) then the rest of the
>offices (ip's). Now, as far as I know there is something like
>"tcp_outgoing_address" in the squid.conf file which can be used to
>specify the gateway address (or alias) on your computer.
>
>The question: Can Squid use one tcp_outgoing _address for one acl (set
>of ip's) and another tcp_outgoing _address for another acl? And if it
>is possible - HOW?

Sorry. This is not a job for Squid. Squid is a caching web proxy. Now you
can add routing software and other stuff on your box but that is outside
the scope of squid.

The tcp_outgoing_address is just to configure what IP interface to use for
outgoing connections. This is used by Squid to connect to the remote
servers. In your case I think you can easily accomplish this with two
(smaller?) proxies (talking with ICP or cache digests to each other) and
select the right proxy on your clients (or use automatic proxy
configuration that looks at the clients IP and selects the right proxy
based on that)

>thanx ahead...
>--
>Perica Veljanovski
>e-mail: ezhe@surfcard.com.mk
>Mobile: ++389 (70) 530 728
>Pager: ++389 (2) 113 111 Pg.No. 94
>ICQ: 91065563

** -- This mail is personal -- **
** All statements in this mail are made from my own **
** personal perspective and do not necessarily reflect **
** my employer's nor my ISP's opinions or policies. **