[squid-users] The command, squid -k rotate put in cron job is not working, anybody please help

From: Chok Meng <chokmeng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:03:12 +0800 (CST)

Hi All

I need some help on the above matter. My organisation
is using Linux Mandrake rel. 5.3 (Festen), kernel
2.0.36. This Linux server is providing proxy service
to the organisation. I am not able to execute squid -V
to check its version. Nevertheless, my problem is as
follow:

1. I created a script file called squidrotate.sh and
put the script file in /var/log/squid directory:
#!/bin/bash
squid -k rotate

2. Next, I put an entry in root's cron tab with the
following:
16 18 * * * /var/log/squid/squidrotate.sh

3. When I check my Mail entry for root, the following
appear: