Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy & normal proxy - is it possible on 1 box.

From: <Torsten.Lange@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:04:25 +0100

>Hi All

>I would like to know if it is possible for Squid (Ver 2.3.STABLE2) to
serve
>as a normal
>proxy (i.e. serving http requests for the internal LAN) and as a reverse
>proxy with SSL support
>for one or more internal web servers. Is only one type of config is
>possible. If it is possible to run
>both configs is it recommended or not recommended. What is most secure
>option.

>Thanks in Advance

>Steven Thompson

there is an option called 'http_accel_with_proxy' which must be set to
'on',
that worked fine for me in a testing environment.
but i think - anyone correct me if i'm wrong - you can only accelerate a
single
host when using http_accel_with_proxy - at least that is what i understood
from
the documentation.

torsten