Re: [squid-users] Re: WELCOME to squid-users@squid-cache.org

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:29:26 -0700 (PDT)

if u have enough capacity on the machine, as in enough RAM and processing power, then i would advise u test it using the 2.2.19 kernel.. worked for me... like a charm...

AKNIT

--- sherona@cns.wits.ac.za
> wrote:
>Hi
>
>We are running squid 2.4 on a linux server (linux 2.4.4)
>For the past 3 weeks we have bben getting the following error
>message:
>
>WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors
>
>We have tried implemneting the fix specified in the FAQ but it didn't
>seem to solve the problem.
>Is there anything else we can try.
>Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks
>Cheers
>sherona

Be different Get yourself a Globenetcafe.net email ID
Uganda's Newest internet cafe www.globenetcafe.net