[squid-users] Multiple SSL proxies for https.

From: Blair Lowe <Blair.Lowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:12:41 -0600

Hello Squid Lovers,

We want to have several https servers: each on a different port, but
on the same machine, and IP address; then we want squid to redirect
each client request to the appropriate port. We can get the multiple
SSL aspects to work, but we want transparent redirection to the
appropriate port based on the domain name requested.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

I noticed very conflicting and confusing information about this in
the FAQ, and noticed the following commands as examples that do not
mean a thing to me:

never_direct allow SSL
cache_peer parent1 parent 3128 3130
cache_peer parent2 parent 3128 3130
cache_peer_access parent2 allow !SSL

What is parent1, parent2, and what is parent? I assume they are all
domains? If so, perhaps someone could craft an example for my
situation.

Perhaps this stuff is not relevant.

What is DNS Mangling?...how?

Thanks in advance,