[squid-users] Squid to cache a DB?

From: Scott Baker <muerte@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:31:07 -0700

I'm doing some work for a rather large website (www.livejournal.com) and
we're using a DB to store some image files. They're stored as blob files,
but will always have the same tyep URL http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/3837

Basically this is causing a bottleneck on the database server. It's making
a lot more requests than is necessary on the already overworked DB
server. So what I want to do is put a squid box in front of the DB to
cache the images as they are requested and reduce some load on the DB server...

client request -> squid proxy/cache -> DB server

Is that possible? This should obviously be transparent to the client. Can
someone point me in the right direction of some config options?

Scott Baker * muerte@web-ster.com * ICQ: 46284013
Homepage: http://www.perturb.org/
PGP KeyID: 0x95ECC1AD

"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from
him, for an investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Joseph E.
O'Donnell