[squid-users] Traffic Shaping Methodologies

From: Mike Kiernan <mkiernan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:55:37 +0200

I have a large squid farm using multiple delaypools to
manage bandwidth. Each instance is squid-2.4stable1
on debian <recent>.

I want to take the bandwidth management to the next
level by limiting outgoing bandwidth per squid node.
The limit I want is about 6MB per node. While this
is possible with delaypools doing some trickery with
acl's, it'd make more sense to do this at ip level.

I'm currently reading up on some of the shaper modules
available. Does anyone have any experiences with these,
or any other methods of large-scale bandwidth management
that I should consider?

Thanks,
Mike