Re: [squid-users] 2.4 Stable 1 & TACACS Authentication

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Aug 2001 10:35:31 +1000

On 18 Aug 2001 10:09:26 +1000, Luke Sheaves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to perform authentication using TACACS+.. on a live
> server rather than using a exported password file...
>
> Any pointers tips etc?

You need to write a new helper that implements the TACACS+ protocol.
Squid passes the helper the username and password, and then the helper
returns OK or ERR. Have a look at the existing helpers, something like
PAM or LDAP are probably close to what tacacs needs - in that the don't
preload a file but rather make each request as needed.

Rob