[squid-users] SMB_AUTH and Groups

Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:03:27 -0400

Hi there.

I'm currently using SMB_AUTH to authenticate my users in Squid.

I have my users organized in groups now , and I'm looking for info on
how to use the group information.

Can some one assist me here.

I thought I could simply create a proxyauth file for each group ,with
the group permissions, example proxyauth_admins, proxyauth_staff , etc
and have the authenticate_program ( smb_auth ) done for each proxyauth
file, which would have been a new share.

I am under the impression that I cant use more than one
authenticate_program at a time or use more than one proxyauth file with
the smb_auth program.

How can i setup Squid to use the group info in it's ACLs to manage group
access ?

Thanks.
Chris