[squid-users] help:user authentication

From: Michael Zhao <mzhao@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:01:17 +0800

I install squid 2.4 stable on my redhat 7.1 box . I want squid proxy
server ask user's name and password when they access it at the first
time . I download the change password cgi file -- chpasswd.cgi and
create the passwd file by apache htpasswd .
I dont want use ncsa_auth because of the plaintext password
authentication . Who can give me a good decision of the encryption
password file authentication and I still keep chpasswd .cgi , I think it

is a nice page and it can only change the encryption password.

Thanks all

Michael