Re: [squid-users] is anyone listening to my queries

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 21:54:35 +1000

On 20 Aug 2001 04:24:40 -0700, khiz code wrote:
> hi all
> ive been mailing like mad abt the

Yes - I've noticed :].

> resource temporarily unavailable error on my
> kernel2.2.19 / ipchains enabled box with squid 2.2s5 hno

Have you tried without the redirection? I've put that in two emails, and
had no response from you.

> pls help me out u squid gurus

We're trying. You have a very strange problem, one that squid on it's
own shouldn't be able to cause.

> im running out of time and if thathappens the entire project is bound
> to get scrapped
> so please henrick .joe , adrian et all squid gurus
> pls suggest some clue

My usual approach with a strange problem like this is to start small and
work up:
start with a non-customised server, standard kernel, standard squid.
When that works, recompile to support transparent mode for both the
kernel and squid - but don't turn transparent mode on.
When that is working (squid handles requests sent to 3128 without all
the errors you get) turn on transparent mode.
And then any remaining customisations.

This will take longer than a direct analysis, but judging by the lack of
inspiration here, I suspect that whatever is wrong is somewhat
mysterious :].

Also as a side note - why 2.2, and not 2.4 ?

Rob