Re: [squid-users] inmem_hi and inmem_lo

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:35:13 -0600

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001, James wrote:
> Could some body explain the paritcular peace of code..?
>
> if (mem->inmem_hi < lowest_offset)
> new_mem_lo = lowest_offset;
> else if (mem->inmem_hi - lowest_offset > Config.Store.maxInMemObjSize)
> new_mem_lo = lowest_offset;
> else
> new_mem_lo = mem->inmem_lo;
> assert(new_mem_lo >= mem->inmem_lo);
>
> What is the value stored in imem_hi and inmem_lo

inmem_lo and inmem_hi refer to which bit of an object is actrually
in memory.

That bit of code is actually determining whether we can safely
free the memory at the beginning of the object. lowest_offset
is the lowest offset of all the clients currently reading from
this object. Shortly after that code you'll see a call to
stmemFreeUpTo() with new_mem_lo.

Adrian