Re: [squid-users] calling Henrick , Joe ,Adrian ...SOS pls help out

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:57:08 +0200

You only get this message because you have enabled more detailed debugging.
The message is expected, and is printed at debug level 2.

Regarding long response time to reach the proxy port: This usually a
networking issue. Such symptoms can quite often be seen when there is
extensive packet loss between the client and the proxy, possibly caused by
link negotiation failure. But then, you say that you see the problem even
locally on the same machine which rules out that possibility.

Another possibility is if your proxy server is subject to a SYN flood
attack filling up the socket with not yet fully connected sockets (the
SYN backlog). netstat --inet -n will tell you more on this subject... If
you are then you can try enabling SYN cookies in the Linux kernel, and find
the source of the SYN floods.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker