[squid-users] Multiple Gateway

From: <binaya@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:30:16 +0545

Hi

     Our system is such that within office hours ie; from 9:00- 5:00 ;
users are not allowed to get to net directly . But they can get to it
via a proxy server running squid; whose parent is another proxy server

       I would like to configure the proxy server running squid such
that within office hours; it forwards its requests to its parent proxy
and at other times (when it can go to net directly ) it forwards
requests directly

     Well we can do it with two config files (one with forwarding
requests to parent and other without it ) and
reload the config file automatically at need times. But I would prefer
to have both in one configuration file

   Suggestions are warmly welcomed

Binaya