[squid-users] Slow / stopped connections for large files

From: Ian Fraser <fraseri@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:51:38 +0100

Hello all,
 Before I ask this question let me just say that I have searched the
archives and looked in the FAQ. It is highly possible that I have not used
the correct search criteria and therefore I will be asking a common
question. Sorry.

Here goes.
 After downloading a few kb of a large file the session seems to hang. When
looking at a tcpdump I see that the webserver is sending "http continuation"
packets, but my squid box is not sending any "ACK" packets back. I have
looked to see if this is a dns problem and it doesn't appear to be. I turned
debugging on and tried looking thru cache.log, but I couldn't see anything
obvious (I am no expert). I am running squid Version 2.3.STABLE4 (redhat
7.1) on an x86 platform.
Does anyone have any ideas

Regards

Ian Fraser