[squid-users] benefit for using squid as sever accelerator

From: Li Xiang <lix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:05:51 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hi,

I am thinking of using squid as the server accelerator of my apache web
server. Can anyone give me some ideas of the advantages for using squid as
server accelerator compared to using the apache server alone? Of
course I know squid can cache some hot objects but I think apache
server also has similar functions. So how about other aspects? Like how
many concurrent connections and peak request ratio can squid handle more
than apache?

Thanks in advance,

Li Xiang